Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Romance is in the air !!!!

For the readers outside IITG, its my pleasure to inform that we had a "cult eve" the other night in our campus, with guys rockin and head bangin' for all that was played by the college band, added by some sterling performances by few debutantes. The playlist was awesome, and the overall show quite decent. But what struck me profoundly was what one of the band members did, by dedicating a song to his soulmate, which being "One Last Breathe" by "Creed" struck a note with quite a few out there.

That incident made me compile what I think are some of the best romantic odes ever. The list could be endless, but I would put these now (for my memory card doesn't support too much).

Glen Mederios "Nothin's gonna change my love for you"

Eagles "Best of my love","Pretty Maids" (Some may even wonder whether this could classify in this list)

Bryan Adams "I'm ready" (a good inclusion)

Bryan Adams yet again "Let's make a night to remember"

U2 "Grace" ???

U2 "With or without you"

Coldplay "Warning Sign"

Maroon 5 "She will be loved" ---- Strange inclusion, one could presume.

Creed "One last breath","My Sacrifice","With arms wide open"

Hoobastank "The reason"

Bee Gees "Words" ............................................

But then, what if words fail ??? (Paradox hits again, coz' I'd be using words to describe this situation") Well, we can fall back on some instrumental sessions, maybe you prefer Kenny G or Yanni for that.

Kenny G

"Even if my heart would break" is a classic in that genre. "Forever in love", "I will always love you" .... two other classics for the same master.

Yanni

Pick up any instrumental, preferably Nostalgia, play them at a low volume in a deserted restaurant where you would go to.

And if none of the above work, well you have a safe bet to always rely upon, "My Heart Will Go On" --- Titanic.

I welcome the purists to comment on the above selection , for that would only help me improve my knowledge regards music. And I regret for having left out some, mainly belonging to Hindi and Telugu, but thats because you have a "Try-to-feel-like- romantic" song in any movie that you pick up, they are just too many to be rated.

And for all you friends at IITG, I dedicate "So Long My Friend" ------ Yanni, you really make me feel proud.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ghurram said...

If I dedicate a song, it will be "With or without you" - coz thats the way it is with girls - you cant live with them, you cant live without them

4:41 AM  
Blogger Ghurram said...

the above one was by anand .. and yeah what he said it completely acceptable :d

5:52 AM  
Blogger sarat said...

heheh, just imagine adding fadetoblack to that list, for 'happy' love ... ohooh, it'll be pissing

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

a ode and the anti-ode (or anti dote or whatever) .. try the song by shania twain called nah !

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home